8.23.2009

I Am Now Officially "Mean"

I am aware that in this blog entry, I will probably create my very first Nashville "enemy". Or, frenemy.. if you will.

We're all inspired by each other, high fashion, cheap fashion, poetry, cute animals, etc. No one can really deny it, unless you live in a cave, have never had human contact, and are somehow producing fashion and art. There is a fine line btwn ripping off someone's designs and being inspired by them. When you are using someone's exact terminology, coming up with the same looking designs, have engaged in conversations with originator and asked pointed questions as to the making of said creations, and THEN handfuls of your friends have called, txted, and emailed me (oh, we're using me for example's sake of course!) to tell me this over the span of a few months, well. That sways heavily over the line. Especially when the same markets and shops are being reused for the new bird's product. There are many shops in Nashville! And many ideas to be spun off of! I have held my tongue, but after being on the receiving end of MORE games of telephone, I must rant.

I don't think my work is highly original in the grand scape, or amazingly amazing, and I have seen creations like mine at UO along the way (I mean we're living in the same world here, if something gets popular in our culture it's going to circulate one way or another), but I stand behind the quality and beauty of my work. I would never steal a classmate's term paper, much less try to use it in the same school system. Good luck with your endeavors, as I have established enough of a name in Nashville for people to tell a difference between our products.

Oh, and if you're wondering if this is about you? Then yes... my dear best friend married your amazing, handsome ex.

And we all live happily ever after.

12 comments:

mrs. prevost said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMazing!!!!!!!! seriously. i just said it like that!

Anonymous said...

you glue feathers to strings

Anonymous said...

And they are beautiful works of art that people are proud and excited to wear. Keep on with your strings and feather, there is only was amazing YOU and your talent can not be imitated.

amanda lee said...

people that have time to say negative things in a persons blog should rethink their life

Blue Velvet said...

oh snap!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful colleen sweetheart! "imitation is the highest form of flattery"= negated when it competes with your income. you are original and lovely!

Anonymous said...

Was that term paper thing a jab at me?

Unknown said...

Hahaha no... it was the first metaphor that hit me. Altho, it slightly remind me of that. omgsry

Milo Beloved said...

Oh I feel so bad. I can't believe you put me on blast like that.

But at least you think my x is handsome!

Anonymous said...

man you're petty.

Anonymous said...

No, I'd say based on that blog you were always mean..now you're just being honest. Life is full of competition. You can let it make you better or let it make you bitter.

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous. I agree with Amandalee. Not sure what other so called "ripoff business" you're talking about but I sure won't be buying any feathers from yours. I will be glad to go to etsy.com and find one of the MILLION OTHER people that must be "ripping off" your designs. Also, nice bitchiness on the end there. I mean, really? Good work. Jerk.