10.22.2009

Old Films, older fashion



Yesterday I was asked about my fashion design influences. You can get a good idea from skimming thru my blog, but two big things are films from the 50s, and old 20s French fashion. I mean anything French is dapper, elegant, sophisticated, and ridiculously sexy, but not trashy. EVER. As for the films, I have always been a lover of Hepburn, Hitchcock, old Barbara Streisand. (think funny girl, which I just rewatched... appropriately subtitled in french). The extravagant costumes in any of those are to DIE for! I mean, they just knew how to do it right, and how to do it in a timeless fashion.

Let's play dress up everyday!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

PS: I've always been obsessed with sailor dresses.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my little French maid....I love thee