2.21.2011

Deerhouse


I finished my birdhouse for the auction! Things did not go entirely as planned, but I'm still happy with it. I whitewashed the house with two coats and drilled holes in the roof. I papier macheéd the antlers from a recently delivered phone book (who uses those anymore? Only me... which is why I received 5 of them) and used a strong adhesive to secure them in the holes. Two coats of classic gold leafing later.. and.. ta da!


We had to name our birdhouses in our short bio. Obviously I named it Deerhouse. It matches my home decor perfectly so it's a bit of a shame I must give it up. ...to the highest bidder! I cannot wait for the event. Obviously I have my outfit for the black tie affair all picked out.

2 comments:

Betty said...

perfect! LOVE it!

Rebekka Seale said...

LOVE it Colleen...I want to bid on it!

I can't wait for the event, and I'm so glad I have such a cute date :)